If you’re looking to make a year-end donation, consider MSU Bikes. We’ve always accepted old bicycles, parts, tools, clothing and other items, but now we’re set up with the MSU Foundation so you can donate cash as well. In addition to a tax deduction, you’ll help keep MSU Bikes operating. You’ll also receive donor credits with MSU. Go here for an online giving form. Thank you for considering MSU Bikes.
We welcome donations of bikes that are in good working condition. Older three-speeds and single-speed bikes are perfect for campus riding. Flat tires, out-of-true wheels, squeaky chains, etc. are not a problem. We reserve the right to sell donated bikes.
If you have a bike (parts, tools, etc.) that you’d like to donate, e-mail us, and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your preferred phone number
- Your e-mail address
- How many bikes do you have to donate?
- What brand and type of bike(s) do you have to donate?
- What is the condition of the bike(s) you have to donate?
- What is the approximate age of the bike(s) you have to donate?
- Can you drop off the bike(s) on campus?
- Do you need a tax receipt for your donation?
- Any additional comments
Please bring donations to the MSU Bike Service Center on campus. Please don’t drop off after-hours, or on weekends as bikes are likely to be stolen before we can get them inside.
If you have children’s bikes, contact the Kids Repair Program at 517-325-7308. KRP operates at the former Lansing School District Driver Education Building at 5815 Wise Road in Lansing.